Selected publications from the group:
C. X. Zheng, K. Hannikainen, Y.R. Niu, J. Tersoff, D. Gomez, J. Pereiro and D.E.Jesson, Mapping the surface phase diagram of GaAs(001) using droplet epitaxy, Phys. Rev. Mat. 3, 124603 (2019)
K. Hannikainen, D. Gomez, J. Pereiro, Y.R. Niu, and D.E. Jesson, Surface Phase Metastability during Langmuir Evaporation, Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 186102 (2019)
Y. Niu, J.Pereiro, D. Gomez and D.E. Jesson, Selected energy dark-field imaging using low energy electrons for optimal surface phase discrimination, Ultramicroscopy, 200, 79-83 (2019).
P. Constantinou and D. E. Jesson, “On the Sensitivity of Convergent Beam Low Energy Electron Diffraction Patterns to Small Atomic Displacements,” Applied Surface Science 489 (2019) 504.
S. M. Kennedy, C. X. Zheng and D. E. Jesson, “Simulation of Mirror Electron Microscopy Caustic Images in Three-dimensions,” Surf. Rev. and Lett. 25 (2018) 1950013.
S. M. Kennedy, C. X. Zheng and D. E. Jesson, “Droplet Epitaxy Image Contrast in Mirror Electron Microscopy,” Nanoscale Research Letters 12 (2017) 68.
C. X. Zheng, W. X. Tang and D. E. Jesson, “Planar Regions of GaAs (001) Prepared by Ga Droplet Motion,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A 34 (2016) 043201.
C. X. Zheng, J. Tersoff, W. X. Tang, A. Morreau and D. E. Jesson, “Novel GaAs Surface Phases via Direct Control of Chemical Potential,” Phys. Rev. B 93 (2016) 195314.
C. Heyn and D. E. Jesson, “Congruent Evaporation Temperature of Molecular Beam Epitaxy Grown GaAs (001) Determined by Local Droplet Etching,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 107 (2015) 161601.
C. Heyn, Th. Bartsch, S. Sanguinetti, D. E. Jesson and W. Hansen, “Dynamics of Mass Transport During Nanohole Drilling by Local Droplet Etching,” Nanoscale Research Letters 10 (2015) 67.
C. Heyn, S. Schnüll, D. E. Jesson and W. Hansen, “Thermally Controlled Widening of Droplet Etched Nanoholes,” Nanoscale Research Letters 9 (2014) 285.
Dr. Juan Pereiro
- X. Leng, J. Pereiro, J. Strle, A.T. Bollinger and I. Bozovic, Epitaxial growth of high quality WO3 thin films, APL Mat. 3, 096102 (2015)
- E. Navarro, C. Monton, J. Pereiro, A.C. Basaran, I.K. Schuller, Enhancements of pinning by superconducting nanoarrays, Accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. B (2015)
- J. Pereiro, T. Saerbeck, Ivan. K. Schuller Effect of increasing disorder on superconductivity of Mo/Nb superlattices , Supercond. Sci. Tech. 28, 085001 (2015)
- T. Saerbeck, J. Pereiro, J. Wampler, J. Stanley, J. Wingler, O. G. Shpyrko, I. K. Schuller, Ferromagnetism in partially oxidized CuCl, J. Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 346, 161 165 (2013).
- M.P.M. Dean, R.S. Springell, C. Monney, K.J. Zhou, J. Pereiro, I. Bozovic, B. Dalla Piazza, H.M. Ronnow, E. Morenzoni, J. van den Brink, T. Schmitt and J.P. Hill, Spin excitations in a single La2CuO4 layer, Nature Materials 11, 850-854, DOI: 10.1038/NMAT3409 (2012).
- J. Pereiro, J.T. Sadowski, B. Lin, C. Panagopoulos, I. Bozovic, Low-Energy Electron Microscope study of tobacco mosaic viruses, Journal of Nanoscience Letters 2, 29 (2012).
- J. Pereiro, A. Petrovic, C. Panagopoulos, I. Bozovic, Interface superconductivity: History, developments and prospects, Physics Express, 1, 208-241 (2011).
- J. Grandal, J. Pereiro, A. Bengoechea-Encabo, S. Fernandez-Garrido, M.A Sanchez-Garcia, E. Munoz, E. Calleja, E. Luna, A. Trampert, InN/InGaN multiple quantum Wells emitting at 1.5 mu grown by molecular beam epitaxy, Applied Physics Letters, 98, 061901 (2011).
- J. Pereiro, A Redondo-Cubero, S Fernandez-Garrido, C Rivera, A Navarro, E Muñoz, E Calleja and R Gago, Mg doping of InGaN layers grown by PA-MBE for the fabrication of Schottky barrier photodiodes, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 43, 335101 (2010).
- J. Pereiro, C. Rivera, A. Navarro, E. Muñoz, R. Czernecki, S. Grzanka and M. Leszczynski, Optimization of InGaN/GaN MQW photodetector structures for high responsivity performance, Journal of Quantum Electronics, 45, 617-622 (2009).
- L.R. Bailey, T.D. Veal, P.D.C. King, C.F. McConville, J. Pereiro, J. Grandal, M.A. Sanchez-Garcia, E. Munoz, E. Calleja, Band bending at the surfaces of In-rich InGaN alloys, Journal of Applied Physics, 104, 113716 (2008).
- G. Franssen, I. Gorczyca, T. Suski, A. Kamińska, J. Pereiro, E. Muñoz, E. Iliopoulos, A. Georgakilas, S.B. Che, Y. Ishitani, A. Yoshikawa, N. E. Christensen and A. Svane, Bowing of the band gap pressure coefficients in InGaN alloys, Journal of Applied Physics, 101, 033514, (2008).
- S. Fernández-Garrido, J. Pereiro, F. González-Posada, E. Muñoz, E. Calleja, A. Redondo-Cubero and R. Gago, Photoluminescence enhancement in quaternary III-nitrides alloys grown by molecular beam epitaxy with increasing Al content, Journal of Applied Physics Communication, 103, 046104 (2008).
Prof. David E. Jesson:
My work has spanned a wide spectrum of experimental and theoretical research in electron microscopy, diffraction, surface and materials physics. This has resulted in over 100 publications including 19 articles in Physical Review Letters, two articles in Science and four articles in the Proceedings of the Royal Society drawing over 3000 citations (Web of Science). I have published 7 book chapters and 5 invited research articles in popular science journals. Selected Publications Include:
- Z. Y. Zhou, C. X. Zheng, W. X. Tang, J. Tersoff and D. E. Jesson, “Origin of Quantum Ring Formation during Droplet Epitaxy,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 111 (2013) 036102.
- J. Tersoff, D. E. Jesson and W. X. Tang, “Decomposition Controlled by Surface Morphology during Langmuir Evaporation of GaAs,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 105 (2010) 035702.
- J. Tersoff, D. E. Jesson and W. X. Tang, “Running Droplets of Ga from Evaporation of GaAs,” Science 324 (2009) 236-238.
- D. E. Jesson, K. M. Pavlov, M. J. Morgan and B. F. Usher, “Imaging Surface Topography using Lloyd’s Mirror in Photoemission Electron Microscopy,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 99 (2007) 016103.
- I. N. Remediakis, D. E. Jesson and P. C. Kelires, “Probing the Structure and Energetics of Dislocation Cores in SiGe Alloys through Monte Carlo Simulations,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 97 (2006) 255502.
- U. Denker, A. Rastelli, M. Stoffel, J. Tersoff, G. Katsaros, G. Costantini, K. Kern, N. Y. Jin-Phillip, D. E. Jesson and O. G. Schmidt, “Lateral Motion of SiGe Islands Driven by Surface Mediated Alloying,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 94 (2005) 216103.
- D. E. Jesson, T. P. Munt, V. A. Shchukin and D. Bimberg, “Tunable Metastability of Surface Nanostructure Arrays,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 92 (2004) 115503.
- V. A. Shchukin, D. Bimberg, T. P. Munt and D. E. Jesson, “Metastability of Ultra-Dense Arrays of Quantum Dots,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 90 (2003) 076102.